Friday, September 21, 2012

Easy Oven Pancake

Phil and I have a Saturday morning routine. If any part of this routine gets disrupted, it ruins my Saturday. Okay, maybe that is a little dramatic. I promise I don't have OCD, I just really like routines. Part of this routine includes him making me the breakfast of my choice, usually chocolate chip pancakes. I know, my husband is wonderful and I am spoiled. This past Saturday I decided to be a nice wife and make him breakfast so I turned to my favorite cookbook ever: Colorado Collage.  This is a super easy recipe and it is yummy, my favorite kind.



Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups milt
3/4 cup flour
3 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butter in 9-inch glass pie pan and melt in the oven. In a blender combine the milk, flour, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour into the pie pan with the melted butter. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 and bake 10 minutes longer. Invert onto serving platter and sprinkle with powdered sugar and berries. This would be better with fresh berries, but we only had frozen at the time. Serve with warm maple syrup.

Random fact about me: I like the fake maple syrup better than the real stuff. The real stuff is just runny and so sweet. Does that make me a weirdo? Oh well, they are both terrible for you, even if only one has high fructose corn syrup. Whatever.

This is what it looks like out of the oven, don't worry if the sides get tall.



No comments:

Post a Comment